Hello again. Update:
Danielle is doing well in the NICU. We spoke with the cardiologist today who told us everything that is wrong with her heart and everything they are doing to fix it. If you want to look it up, it is any and all of the following (and maybe a few more):
-DILV
-L-TGA
-Mitral Atresia
-Interrupted IVC
-Bilateral SVC
I found some info just googling those....
She is being moved from NICU to the cardiovascular care center (CVCC) tomorrow (5-19) morning (same building as the NICU (Childern's), 4th floor. Still have to get badged on 2nd floor welcome center before getting in). She will spend the day getting prepped for surgery which will happen (as of now) on Thursday (5-20) morning at 8:30. The surgery is expected to take up to 6 hours. Recovery time is unknown, expected is around 10 days.
Sarah and I will be in the family waiting area during the surgery, which is located in the CVCC. All are welcome to come hang out with us, we could use the support. We will probably bring games and there is a big TV to watch.....
Danielle's survival chance for this first surgery is around 80-85%, so prayers and well wishes are still needed!
Don't know all the rules of the CVCC yet. We do know that after she is intibated some time tomorrow (until 2 days after surgery or so) that there can only be 2 people in her room, including parents, at any given time. I would expect that she could have visitors tomorrow afternoon and evening, but no holding her at that point.
As always, I will update more as I learn it.
No comments:
Post a Comment